Tuesday, July 22, 2003

So Slow

This could be my last post in the old world of dial-up internet access. Last week, I applied to upgrade my Virgin.net account to give me Broadband access. It's only an ADSL line from BT, but it's better than what I've got.

One of the main things that was stopping me upgrading was my plan to emigrate. I didn't see the point of locking myself into a 12 month contract. But this good ole ISP doesn't have a minimum contract, so I sent the email last week and they gave me a target activation date of 23/07/2003 (i.e. tomorrow). I haven't heard anything since, so I presume it's all going smoothly and when I dial-up tomorrow night (after going to the gym) I'll have an email welcoming me to the brave old world of fast(er) internet access.

Let's hope, anyway.

Labels: