Wednesday, August 20, 2008

All wrong 2008

In my task of re-posting the entries from my first life, I posted this one today:


Work was completely demoralising. I beginning to realise that our whole team is no longer working as a team. Everyone is out for themselves now that the ship is beginning to sink.

Did's Life - Read more ...

By sheer coincidence, I can echo that feeling again today. Albeit for different reasons.

There's a big departmental restructure to be announced tomorrow, and we were given the heads-up for our team today.

We're to lose our manager. He was promoted from within the new-ish team around 2 years ago. He understands our role. He's an excellent thinker, negotiator and communicator. He's kept us together and looks out for us without micro-managing. The team has come of age under his tutorship. All in all, he's a great guy to work for.

And he did do his best for us in the restructure. The outcome could have been a lot worse than it was.

I'm sure the new order will soon start to feel "normal". But, for the moment, it feels like a massive blow to the chin.

Labels: